As June approaches, I’m luxuriating in a little down time, as the pace slows a little after a whirlwind spring. But there’s still plenty going on; gigs, a new recording in the works, planning for new enterprises and always the quest to discover more about music, life and its meaning.
Brian Lynch and Spheres Of Influence at Zinc Bar Thursday June 3rd
If you’re in New York City, come on by one of my favorite spots through the years, Zinc Bar, and dig the sounds as we get ready to go into the studio the next day for Criss Cross Records. This edition of Spheres Of Influence includes:
- Brian Lynch – trumpet & flugelhorn
- Yosvany Terry – saxes
- Manuel Valera – piano
- Luques Curtis – bass
- Justin Brown – drums
- Pedro Martinez – percussion
Latvian Tour Rescheduled
I’m happy to announce that my NYU Ensemble’s Latvian tour, postponed from last month due to volcano generated travel difficulties, has been rescheduled to August 24th through the 28th. You can keep tabs on the Ensemble and the tour activities (and also make a tax deductible contribution towards out tour expenses!) at out New York Foundation for the Arts blog page. We also have a Facebook page and I’ll be blogging the tour and its runup on www.brianlynchjazz.com.
Unsung Heroes Mastered; Announcement Soon on Release Schedule
- The Big Book Of Concepts – Gregory Murphy
- Saying Something: Jazz Improvisation and Interaction – Ingrid Monson
- When Surface Was Depth: Death By Cappuccino and Other Reflections on Music and Culture in the 1990’s – Michael Bracewell
- Open The Door: The Life And Music Of Betty Carter – William R. Bauer
- Abelardo Barroso Con La Orquesta Sensacion – no Hay Como Mi Son
- Cesar “Pupy” Pedroso – ‘Mi Timba “Cerra”
- Calder Quartet – Transfiguration: Music Of Christopher Rouse
- Pedro Martinez and Roman Diaz – The Routes Of Rumba
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!